“Sarah Perry heads up Wright Hassall's commercial litigation team. She is an experienced commercial litigator with notable expertise in costs. Market sources praise her ability to "get to the commercial nub" of an issue. Others have said: "Sarah Perry won't accept second best. She takes no prisoners. She is focused, direct and not afraid to say what she thinks."”Chambers UK 2013
Sarah is head of the dispute resolution group and specialises in commercial contract disputes, banking and finance litigation, professional negligence, fraud and commercial litigation.
A member of the Finance and Leasing Association and Institute of Credit Managers, she advises lenders and asset finance companies on all types of finance agreements, factoring and invoice discounting, hire purchase, lease purchase and leasing agreements, guarantee claims, fraud claims and consumer credit issues.
Top ranked for advising on professional negligence, Sarah advises on claims against solicitors, accountants, auditors, surveyors, architects and financial advisers and mortgage fraud (claims against the compensation fund). She acted in the leading case on breach of fiduciary duty (Swindle -v- Harrison) and has particular expertise in claims against advisers for negligent tax planning and for investment advice.
Sarah also advises on commercial litigation including company and shareholder disputes, fraud claims, commercial contract disputes, partnership disputes, pensions disputes and problems in relating to international sale of goods.
- Advised on claims of failure to supply which involved multi-million pound international arbitrations.
- Advised on claims for breach of contract, including obligations of confidentiality and various intellectual property infringements.
- Acting for claimants in proceedings relating to contractual obligations for early retirement pension benefits.
- Midland Packaging v Haines Watts
- Bradford & Bingley Building Society v Hayes and Dunphy's
- Mortgage Express v Sawali
- VFS Financial Services (UK) Limited v Hennellys Limited
- Lighthousecarrwood plc v Luckett
- Ross v Stonewood Securities Limited
- Gander and Thomas v BPE Solicitors
- Email Jenny
CareerSarah graduated from Wolverhampton and was a Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize winner. She trained at WH, qualified in 1991 and became a partner in 1998.
- Finance and Leasing Association (FLA)
- Institute of Credit Managers (ICM)
- Midlands Fraud Forum
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)