Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for and experienced Anti-Money Laundering Manager to join our Compliance team. The successful candidate will focus on anti-money laundering but will also be involved in working with the Compliance team on a broad range of new business acceptance and compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Complete new client checks including monitoring client data held, investigating company ownership and carrying out risk assessments.
- Manage documentation obtained to verify clients and keep database up-to-date.
- Proactively monitor status of anti-money laundering checks and assist the team to ensure all checks are completed in good time.
- Assist with sanctions checks.
- Assist with the execution of projects across the team.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's conflicts policy.
- Assist the team in carrying out conflicts checks, reviewing activity reports and managing screening processes.
- Analysing and resolving (or, where appropriate, facilitating resolution of) professional, legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to business acceptance and client engagement.
- Monitoring changes in practice, professional rules, regulations and the law as affects AML and Sanctions globally so that these can be reflected in the business acceptance process.
- Assist and support the Director of Risk & Compliance in ensuring that the firm’s policy and procedure are compatible with the Anti-Money Laundering Directive and other current and future applicable legislation.
- Deal with queries or issues in relation to a new or current Matter which involve Sanctions or AML, relating to: professional and legal conflicts issues, business conflicts and other commercial issues
- Assisting in the design, implementation and delivery of training presentations and other development programmes for solicitors and support departments regarding Client Suitability, AML and Sanctions.
The ideal candidate for the Anti-Money Laundering Manager role will have strong experience within a compliance, legal conflicts management or risk team and a good understanding SRA Code of Conduct and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. You must have excellent analytical and communication skills, strong research skills and the ability to establish close working relationships.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant and an active social committee.
To apply please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: