No recruitment agencies please
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Compliance Auditor to join our Compliance team.
The role of Compliance Auditor is to support the implementation and maintenance of the firm’s risk management policy with specific oversight of the firm’s debt recovery team to ensure the unit is compliant with Financial Conduct Authority, Ofcom, CSA and other regulatory requirements.
- Conducting internal audits to provide assurance to the Approved Persons that the debt recovery team are compliant with regulatory codes and legislative guidance set by the FCA, CSA, Ofcom, and FOS
- Ensuring that our Quality Assurance checks, and controls within the debt collection unit are effective and that any weaknesses are reported, identified and addressed
- Review of policies and procedures and training within the debt collection team to ensure they are up to date and compliant with FCA, Ofcom and other regulatory requirements and are consistent with firm wide policies;
- Reporting and liaising with the debt unit to respond to queries raised by the FCA and completing applications for approved persons;
- Delivering and providing training to Approved Persons and the Compliance team to ensure the Approved Persons and the team are kept informed of regulatory and policy changes that will have an impact on debt collection
- Contribute to projects to support regulatory changes, within the firm such as the General Data Protection regulations and providing guidance on compliance
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance to maintain the firm’s risk register and devise and implement a firm wide risk based monitoring plan in line with the firm’s risk register
- Working with the Compliance Manager to conduct firm wide thematic audits to address areas of high risk and provide clear and concise management reports.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
- Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters (up to 500) against the firm’s data base.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges;
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and working with the debt team to delivering training in a way which minimises time off the phone when required.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Periodic reviews of all standard contact methods, including letter, email and SMS sent
- Monthly sessions with Team Leaders and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
The working hours are 9am to 5:30pm; Monday to Friday. Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, employer backed pension scheme, firm wide performance bonus scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site café, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter, including your salary expectations, to email@example.com