We are recruiting a full-time Legal Secretary to join our Conveyancing team, to provide administrative support within a busy team of fee earners.
- Take phone calls on behalf on the team, dealing with enquiries and where a referral is needed, ensure a comprehensive email is provided.
- Undertake audio typing of client correspondence/forms/documentation when required.
- Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
- Set up new matter instructions on the firms Practice Management System and CRM system.
- Issue the client care letter via email or post.
- Undertake file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
- Prepare information for the Finance team covering billing and invoicing activities.
- General secretarial duties such as booking appointments, rooms and pool cars etc.
- Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
- Work alongside Compliance in carrying out searches and background checks on prospective clients.
- Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who thrives on working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.
We will expect you to:
- Have worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills as this role involves a high level of client contact;
- Be highly organised and professional;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, remaining calm when under pressure;
- Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work;
- Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly;
For the role of Legal Secretary we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, pension scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe and an active social committee.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply, please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: