We are looking for a full-time Legal Assistant to join our debt recovery team.
Our Debt Recovery team has significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders.
You will be responsible for the collection of debts of varying value due to our clients from customers and companies either through a process of negotiation and agreement or through the court system. You will learn how to issue county court claims and how to deal with all aspects of the claim through to securing judgement. You will gain experience in enforcement methods and procedures including Charging Orders, Orders for Sale, Attachment of Earnings, Warrants of Execution and Writ of Fi Fa. Further you will also be exposed to personal and corporate insolvency also paying attention to statutory demands, awareness of bankruptcy and winding up procedures.
- Working as part of a team to process a high volume of litigation cases within set SLA’s
- Dealing with a high volume of telephone calls with debtors, third parties and our Agents
- An ability to negotiate outcomes which maximise recovery levels for our clients within the regulatory requirements of the FCA
- Accepting instructions and processing them with both efficiency and a high degree of accuracy in line with the CPR and the SRA
- Progression of files through each legal milestone to conclusion or up to the point they may become defended or complex matters
- Managing deadlines, and keeping on top of key critical dates and targets
- Ability to achieve all set Key Performance Indicators in relation to Recoveries, Quality, Billing and Productivity targets
The successful candidate will be able to work in fast paced fluid environment, specifically:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy through all work
- Experience of using a debt collection case management system
- Computer literate and have excellent IT skills
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience of litigation and debt recovery
- An understanding of the debt recovery litigation processes from issuing a claim to enforcement methods
- Awareness of both litigation and debt collection rules and regulations (including FCA, Civil Procedure Rules, DPA and OFCom)
The current working pattern is 9am to 5:30pm; Monday to Friday. Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check at interview stage.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), a bonus scheme, pension, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant, an active social committee, free on-site car parking and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply, please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: