We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Operational Risk Manager to join our Debt Recovery Compliance team.
The role of Operational Risk Manager is to deliver operational compliance with regulatory, legislative and client requirements which include FSA, Ofcom and CSA requirements as well as data protection and anti-money laundering legislation.
- Ensuring all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority is supplied within the set timescales and that Approved Persons are compliant with obligations set by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Analyse Root Cause, various impacts and make recommendation on future mitigation.
- Manage complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
- Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters (up to 500) against the firm’s data base.
- Manage the Quality Assurance process including line management of the Quality & Compliance Assistant.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges; as well as deliver effective remedies in areas of non-compliance.
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the operations team to delivering training.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Drive, challenge and deliver effective operational controls that achieve compliant operations.
- Periodic reviews of all standard processes including customer communications ensuring we are compliant and processes are working effectively.
- Monthly sessions with Team Leaders, Managers and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
- Conduct Risk Mapping exercises to map out processes and identify gaps, maintain risk maps to ensure current processes and controls reflect accurate risk levels.
- Manage group and local policies and procedures inventory for Operations and work alongside the wider firm’s
- Compliance Team to ensure they are inline.
- Implement new procedures and test adherence of those procedures, making recommendations on existing procedures and processes.
- Make continuous improvement on departmental efficiency.
- Regular engagement with firm’s Compliance Team, IT Department and Finance Functions.
- Attending industry conferences or seminars that specialise in compliance.
The successful candidate will be able to work in busy and fast paced professional environment. We are specifically looking for someone with an excellent knowledge of debt collection rules and regulations (including FCA and DPA). Ideally you will have experience in a compliance, audit or quality environment in an operational risk capacity.
The working hours are 9am to 5:30pm; Monday to Friday. Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, employer backed pension scheme, firm wide performance bonus scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site café, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: