Wright Hassall is a full service commercial law firm based in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. Our client base is diverse and varied in terms of the organisations we work with (OMBs, SMEs, charities and corporates) and the industries we serve (agriculture, charities, housing, advanced manufacturing, lenders and TMT, to name but a few). We are proud that our client base rivals that of City or global firms which provides our people with significant opportunities to work on varied, complex and interesting matters.
Our conveyancing team is now seeking a self-motivated and proactive Conveyancer to join our ambitious Private Client department.
We are a people business so it is important to us that you share our values to build a rapport and maintain relationships with both colleagues and clients.
The ideal candidate will have around four years’ experience in dealing with all aspects of residential sales and purchases (freehold and leasehold), new build and shared ownership transactions, with the main focus of this role being on new build and leasehold properties. If you have more or less experience than stated above we would still like to hear from you.
To be successful you will be commercially astute, be able to deliver practical solutions, have an excellent level of IT literacy and have case management experience. You will need to be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, responsibility and accountability as a team player with a 'can do' attitude and be motivated to achieve objectives in tight deadlines.
Duties for this role will include:
- Develop responsibility for running own caseload and ensure critical dates are met.
- Assist the more senior lawyers with more complex transactions.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
- Ensure the execution of matters comply with internal policies and procedures to minimise breaches, claims and client dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SRA standards to safeguard our clients and support the Firm in maintaining its Practice Management standards and accreditations.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Ensure timesheets are updated and posted on a daily basis.
- Achieve personal utilisation / realisation / monthly income targets.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other ‘expenses’ to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Active management of lock up to industry best practice standards.
- Support key events to help secure profitable new clients and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Provide marketing support e.g. writing copy and reports, updating literature and seeking out networking opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, car parking, on-site restaurant, flexible working, childcare vouchers and local discounts.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
You will be given guidance and support to develop your career and opportunities are excellent for the right person.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.