We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Corporate team to provide general administrative support for a busy team of lawyers. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual with the ability and willingness to learn from others, who will work with our IT and operational systems.
- Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
- File opening and closing; including client identification procedures.
- Produce invoices and other accounting forms.
- Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
- Booking appointments, meeting rooms and pool cars etc.
- Work alongside the Compliance team in carrying out searches and background checks on prospective clients.
- Filing, both paper and electronic.
- Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required. Take and convey messages.
- Occasional marketing/social media activities to assist the Partners in the promotion of their legal services. Training and support will be provided.
- Document production
Skills and experience:
Ideally we would prefer to recruit someone who has administration experience within a professional office, however this is not essential. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives on working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.
We will expect you to:
- Have strong oral and written communication skills;
- Be highly organised and professional;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, remaining calm when under pressure;
- Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work
- Have proficient IT skills, (in particular Microsoft Word), and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly.
In return we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, pension scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.