Wright Hassall is one of the largest law firms in the Midlands; our multi-disciplinary practice has been providing our clients with strategic legal advice for over 170 years. We act for businesses and individuals locally, regionally and nationally across a diverse range of sectors.
We are entering a further period of growth and require an ambitious Senior Associate to join our busy Property Litigation team on a full time, permanent basis. The department advise commercial landlords, developers, landowners, property investors, property management companies and property occupiers on how to resolve commercial property disputes quickly and efficiently.
The overriding purpose of the role is to actively generate profitable revenue across the Firm through the delivery of an excellent client service, efficient regulatory working practices and effective line management of direct reports.
- Ensure the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the team business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities.
- Support key events to secure profitable new clients, cross sell opportunities and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Prepare and present seminars and/or issue bulletins on topical subjects.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Contribute to motivating colleagues to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Firm’s objectives.
- Effective use of tools and opportunities (e.g. 1:1s) to maximise the strengths and skills of direct reports.
- Provide coaching and training for individuals to maximise talent development.
- All new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Lead by example and motivate individuals to be bold, ambitious and achieve success. Highly self-aware and able to adapt approach to secure strong outcomes.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Firm to maximise their potential and provide support during periods of change.
- Ensure that the client is at the heart of all activities which generates a valued service outcome in a timely and cost effective manner. Actively supports the retention of existing clients.
- Have strong organisation skills & high levels of accuracy.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner at all levels, keeping stakeholders fully informed.
You will be given guidance and support to develop your career within our Property Litigation team.
For the position of Senior Associate we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 25 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 30 with length of service, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, free on-site car parking, on-site café and an active social committee.
To apply, please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: