Wright Hassall LLP is a full service law firm with a well-respected 170-year history. We are entering a further period of growth and require an ambitious Senior Associate to join our busy Contentious Probate team.
The overriding purpose of the role is to actively generate profitable revenue across the Firm through the delivery of an excellent client service, efficient regulatory working practices and effective line management of direct reports.
We are looking for someone with at least 8 years PQE to undertake high quality work in the following areas:-
- Ensure the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the team business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities.
- Support key events to secure profitable new clients, cross sell opportunities and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Prepare and present seminars and/or issue bulletins on topical subjects.
- Ensure the execution of matters comply with internal policies and procedures to minimise breaches, claims and client dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SRA standards to safeguard our clients and support the Firm in maintaining its Practice Management standards and accreditations.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Maintain the integrity of data by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Support key projects by ensuring that the targeted deliverables and benefits are achieved.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Contribute to motivating colleagues to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Firm’s objectives.
- Effective use of tools and opportunities (e.g. 1:1s, PDR) to maximise the strengths and skills of direct reports. Ensure that own PDR and objectives are updated in line with the Firm’s practices and policies.
- Provide coaching and training for individuals to maximise talent development.
- Ensure CPD is maintained.
- All new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin.
- Ensure timesheets are updated and posted on a daily basis.
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied.
- Active management of lock up to industry best practice standards.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Lead by example and motivate individuals to be bold, ambitious and achieve success. Highly self-aware and able to adapt approach to secure strong outcomes.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Firm to maximise their potential and provide support during periods of change. Demonstrate equality towards all colleagues and endorses diversity.
- Ensure that the client is at the heart of all activities which generates a valued service outcome in a timely and cost effective manner. Actively supports the retention of existing clients.
- Continually assesse own performance and take decisive action to maximise results.
- Have strong organisation skills & high levels of accuracy.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner at all levels, keeping stakeholders fully informed.
- Develop a good understanding of the key aspects of the firm, how it is measured within the industry and drive actions that ensure the success of the firm.
You will be given guidance and support to develop your career within our Contentious Probate team. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 25 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 30 with length of service, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply please complete the job enquiry form below or contact Anne Marcantonio directly on 07970 025583 for an informal discussion in the strictest confidence.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: