We are recruiting for an experienced Trust & Tax Executive to join our Private Wealth department working 4 or 5 days a week. This role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to grow the role and get involved in more tax advice/planning work as well as compliance work.
The role will involve dealing with:
- Income tax and capital gains for individuals and estates (period of administration)
- Administration of Trusts (excluding investments)
- Maintaining records on Isokon, preparing trust accounts, completing tax returns
- Calculating and paying income tax and capital gains tax, completing IHT forms and calculating tax where necessary
- Also preparation of Charity accounts and annual returns
- Maintaining capital gains records for trust and investment clients (involving use of Isokon)
- Dealing with Deputyship and Attorneyship cases.
- Compliance required by the Office of the Public Guardian including preparation of Deputyship Reports, dealing with financial affairs of Patients, liaising with Patients and support workers
- Preparation of VAT Returns
- Companies House/HMRC Compliance, submitting accounts, annual returns
- Calculating loan interest
- Preparing trust accounts and submitting tax returns if required
We require someone who has trust and tax experience who thrives working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work. We will expect you to:
- Have an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively at every level of the business
- Have an eye for detail, ensuring a consistent high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Be highly organised and professional
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, remaining calm when under pressure
- Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, employer backed pension scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.
To apply please complete the job enquiry form below.
To view our candidate privacy notice please click the link below: