Is your organisation dementia friendly?
Do your employees know how to support colleagues facing dementia either personally or within their family?
Are your HR policies dementia friendly?
Wright Hassall are delighted to announce that we have been working in partnership with Age UK Warwickshire. The local charity offers older people services to combat loneliness.
On November 4th we will be hosting a Dementia Friends session where you can hear how your organisation can become a Dementia Friendly Organisation and also find out what Age UK Warwickshire does locally.
Why should you attend?
- The financial cost of dementia to the UK is £26 billion per annum.
- By 2015 there will be 850,000 people with dementia in the UK.
- There are 40,000 younger people with dementia in the UK.
- Two thirds of people with dementia are women.
- There are 670,000 carers of people with dementia in the UK.
- 80 per cent of people living in care homes have a form of dementia or severe memory problems.
Dementia Friends is a government initiative which aims to raise awareness of dementia by creating 1 million Dementia Friends by March 2015.