One year in the life of the GDPR…what have we learnt?
It is now one year since 25 May 2018, the big date that everyone talked about last year being the date that the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. At this session, we will identify key messages for business around lessons learned over the last 12 months, how businesses can mitigate risk through effective insurance, business management and internal procedures and policies. We will specifically discuss:
• Market trends and the increasing number of SARs;
• The ICO approach to data breaches and fines;
• Insurance cover for Data Breach costs (and ICO fines) and avoiding the pitfalls;
• New challenges faced by DPOs and how these can be overcome.
• The interaction between InfoSec and Data Protection and the importance of a good relationship between the Chief Information Security Officer and the DPO.
This will be a panel session, attended by legal, compliance and insurance experts who will discuss key trends in this evolving area. Chaired by Christine Jackson, Wright Hassall’s Head of Data Protection, the panellists are:
• Claire Halle-Smith – Privacy and Data Protection specialist, and Senior Associate at Wright Hassall;
•John Parker – Corporate Development Director and Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Wasps Rugby;
•Richard Merrygold –Principal Consultant & DPO at iSTORM Solutions Limited; and
•Ian McKinney - Senior Account Executive at Gallagher insurance
At this seminar, you will also have the opportunity to take part in our charity raffle for a signed Wasps shirt, with proceeds going to the Wright Hassall Charitable Trust.
Too book a place email email@example.com