We are seeing a really significant increase in enquiries on import and export VAT post-Brexit. The Government has launched a Brexit SME Support fund of up to £2000, which you may be able to benefit from.
Are you facing VAT issues as a result of changes brought about by Brexit?
If so, I can help you solve your problems and at no cost to yourselves. I have over 20 years’ expertise in helping hundreds of businesses find solutions to their VAT issues and would be delighted to help you.
How can you do this?
Small to medium businesses that rely on the EU for trade can now apply for a grant from the Government of £2,000, through the SME Brexit Support Fund. Other funding sources are available too.
The post-Brexit environment has been hard on many businesses who trade (import and export) with the EU. I have seen a marked increase in enquiries from businesses needing guidance.
What can the SME Brexit Support Fund be used for?
The fund can be used to source professional advice in relation to the specific requirements around VAT.
Eligibility for the SME Brexit Support Fund
To be eligible the Government has outlined the below criteria:
- Be established in the UK
- Have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- Not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- Have no more than 500 employees
- Have no more than £100 million turnover
- Import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Your business must also either:
- Complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- Use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
How do you apply for the SME Brexit Supply Fund:
If you tick the above criteria and would like to register, please apply for the grant on the Government's page here.
If you would like to use the fund to access my expertise at no cost to yourselves, please do get in touch to find out how I can help.