Court of Protection disputes

Maintenance payments; Do attorneys and/or deputies need the Court of Protections’ approval?

It is not uncommon for someone to provide for the needs of another person. There are many situations where someone will assume responsibility for another person. There are no restrictions on someone providing for the needs of another person but the situation changes when the provider loses capacity.

Revoking a Deputyship Order

Where a person lacks capacity (“P”), the Court of Protection has the power to appoint a person to make decisions on their behalf. This person is known as a deputy. A deputy is usually given a variety of powers by the Court of Protection in relation to the property and affairs, including the control, management, acquisition and disposition of property of the person who lacks capacity.

Filter by article type