Rachael Flanagan Archive

What is the Compensation Recovery Unit?

The Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU) is part of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). If you are injured either through accident or disease and make a successful claim for compensation, the CRU must be notified of the details of your claim by the organisation (or person) paying the compensation (the compensator). The CRU records all welfare benefits you receive as a result of your injuries.

Time Limits for Bringing Personal Injury or Medical Negligence Action

There are strict time limits for bringing a personal injury or medical negligence action. Whilst the general rule is that a Claimant has 3 years from the date of the negligence, or date of knowledge of the negligence, in which to either settle their claim or issue court proceedings against a Defendant, this is not always the case and each case should be assessed on its own facts. It is advisable to seek advice if there are any doubts as to the date.
Filter by expertise