Usually, carefully vetted tenants pay their rent, keep the property in good condition and leave peacefully at the end of their tenancy.
Just occasionally, you might not be so lucky.
Wright Hassall advises on all aspects of residential landlord and tenant disputes. Your managing agents will be able to help initially, but if that fails, we can advise on:
- Options available if your tenant stops paying rent including
- How to recover the unpaid rent
- Recovering possession
- Other breaches of tenancy such as noise nuisance or damage to your property
- What to do if your tenant fails to vacate at the end of the tenancy
- Variations to tenancy agreements
- Claims for disrepair made by your tenant
- Deposit disputes (not dealt with by the tenancy deposit adjudication scheme
- Recovering rent arrears or damages not covered by the deposit at the end of a tenancy