Cécilia is a pensions and commercial lawyer. Cécilia advises clients on a broad range of commercial contracts, and companies and trustees of pension schemes on their pension arrangements.
In the commercial contracts arena, Cécilia has acted for clients in relation to various commercial arrangements including:
- drafting and negotiating sponsorship agreements;
- website development agreements and managed services agreements (outsourcing IT functions);
- logistics and transport agreements (for customers);
- licencing or assignment of intellectual property rights;
- IT contracts including software support and maintenance;
- non-disclosure agreements; and
- supply of goods and/or services (terms and conditions) both for customers and suppliers.
In respect of data protection advice, Cécilia has negotiated numerous third party supplier contracts on behalf of the controller and processor, advising on the more recent data protection changes. She has also carried out full data protection audits and put in place appropriate compliant documentation, including advising companies in relation to marketing that is compliant with new data protection provisions.
In a pensions context, Cécilia has advised trustees and sponsors of pensions schemes on a wide range of predominantly non-contentious matters, including:
- advising employers on the complexities of the employer debt legislation;
- drafting a wide range of pension deeds and agreements, from deeds of appointment and removal and deeds of amendment, to complete re-writes and consolidations of pension schemes’ governing documentation;
- leading a number of pension scheme merger projects;
- advising on cessation of accrual projects; and
- implementing numerous liability management exercises for corporate and trustee clients, often working closely with actuarial, investment and accounting firms.
- Undertaking full contract reviews advising a listed company in relation to its service arrangements with other listed companies in respect of the data protection changes in 2018.
- One of the first lawyers in the country to advise on asset-backed contribution arrangements, from the drafting and negotiation of establishing documentation to the implementation of deeds of underpin, liaising with Scottish lawyers on these structures and the preparation of reports to the Pension Protection Fund.
- Negotiating the pensions aspects of investment agreements on behalf of numerous clients, including two £4-5 billion pension schemes.
Having gained a 2.1 in Law at Bristol University and Distinction in the ensuing Legal Practice Course, Cécilia trained and qualified at London firm Taylor Wessing, before relocating to Gowling WLG for nearly 9 years. She joined Wright Hassall in January 2018.
A keen runner, Cécilia spends many of her evenings training, in between spending time with her family and socialising with friends and family nearby.