Eamonn specialises in tax, estate planning and trust advice for individuals and families providing pragmatic solutions to help them overcome complicated issues and achieve what they want to do.
Unusually for a member of a law firm, he is a Chartered Tax Adviser which enhances our strengths in tax and succession planning.
- Advised on IHT planning, asset protection and maximising CGT reliefs for a client with a substantial asset base (£18.5m) looking to sell his business
- Gave estate and tax planning advice on the restructuring of a £6m family investment company set up for IHT mitigation purposes to enable the tax efficient withdrawal of funds
- Arranged tax-efficient investment in a trading company and set up discretionary trusts for a client with assets of £2.5m
- Recommended and advised on the set-up of a £10m company within a discretionary trust and an OEIC within the company.
Eamonn was the first ever non-solicitor partner at Lodders Solicitors in Stratford-upon-Avon where he worked for 16 years advising on tax planning, wills and trusts. Before that he worked at NatWest Private Banking for 10 years dealing with probate, trusts, tax and powers of attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Taxation,
- Association of Taxation Technicians
Foreign travel – in recent years been to South America, China, Russia, South East Asia.
Sport – riding the emotional rollercoaster inherent in being a Birmingham City FC fan