James acts for individuals, commercial developers, charities and registered providers of affordable housing on:
- acquisitions and disposals of development land, including option agreements, conditional contracts, promotion agreements and overage agreements
- development site setups, including advising on secured lending where applicable to the development
James also advises on general commercial property matters including:-
- leasehold transactions such as new leases, subleases and assignment of leases for both landlords and tenants
- acquisitions and disposals of commercial and mixed use property, including retail, office, leisure and industrial properties
James has dealt with all our requirements with exceptional professionalism and knowledge.
- advised a regional developer on the property elements of an investment deal with the Housing Growing Partnership
- advised an academy school on the grant of an easement over school land to support a neighbouring residential development
- advised various registered providers of affordable housing on the purchase of Section 106 housing units
- advised on the sale of a development site subject to overage linked to the number of student accommodation units built on the development
- acted for a historic aircraft restoration company on a lease of hangar and workshop space
- advised on the purchase of an industrial unit on a newly constructed industrial estate, with supporting collateral warranties and management company membership
- advised a tenant on an industrial unit lease subject to an option to purchase at market value with a minimum purchase price exceeding one million pounds
James graduated from Staffordshire University in 2013 after studying law, before going on to complete the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law Birmingham in 2014.
James qualified as a solicitor in January 2017 after completing his period of recongised training at a regional Legal 500 ranked law firm. James joined Wright Hassall in April 2019.
James was named Warwickshire Junior Lawyers Division trainee solicitor of the year 2016 and was also a finalist for the Warwickshire Law Society young lawyer of the year 2016 award and Coventry and Warwickshire First YoungPro 2017 (legal) award.
James enjoys running, travelling and spending time with family and friends. He has participated in several charity fundraising events for causes close to his heart, including the Birmingham half marathon, the Wolf Run and walking over hot coals.