Joanne acts for employers of all sizes across a range of industries and sectors from manufacturing to education. She advises both employers and employees on all aspects of employment law including:
- Unfair dismissal;
- Discrimination claims;
- Redundancy / restructuring ;
- Employee performance management;
- Managing dismissals;
- ACAS Code on disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Negotiating termination packages;
- Settlement agreements;
- Drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and polices/procedures;
- Advising HR teams on the law and its application;
- Delivering In-house training;
- TUPE advice.
- Advised a university on a large scale restructuring exercise which resulted in approximately 100 redundancies. This involved negotiation with several trade unions and, as a result, there were no successful claims against our client at Employment Tribunal;
- Advising a global manufacturing company on day-to-day employment law and HR issues;
- Advising a haulage company on day-to-day employment law and HR issues;
- Managing employee sickness absence which involved a severe mental health element;
- Advising on bulk settlement agreements;
- Instructed by a senior manager on his exit from his employer and obtaining a significant termination package via negotiated settlement.
Joanne graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Law before completing the Bar Vocational Course and being called to the Bar in 2010.
Joanne qualified as a solicitor in November 2013 whilst working for a niche employment law practice in Northampton.
Joanne joined Wright Hassall LLP in September 2018 as an Associate.
Outside work Joanne enjoys horse riding and walking her Labrador. She also enjoys the gym and the cinema.