John specialises in employee incentive work and regularly provides advice on the structuring, implementation, maintenance and vesting of management and employee incentive arrangements to both UK and overseas companies of varying sizes.
- Structured an incentive arrangement in the run-up to a £16 million deal to enable management to share in the proceeds of sale.
- Advised vendors, purchasers and funders on the taxation implications of a large number of transactions on management and employee incentives.
- Established a share incentive arrangement for a property company in which over 1,000 employees participated in its launch
- Implemented a share incentive plan for a UK subsidiary of a US corporate.
- Provided UK group-wide employment tax advice to FTSE 250 company.
- Advised on Elektron Technology's acquisition of former AIM listed business Hartest Holdings and on the enlarged group’s share schemes going forward This has involved the implementation of a new HMRC approved option plan and ongoing share schemes compliance advice.
John Dormer at Wright Hassall LLP is ‘practical and helpful’.
John trained with Eversheds and then moved to another national law firm, Hammonds (now Squire Sanders), where he specialised in tax. He then joined 'Big Four' accountancy firm, KPMG, in 2005 to concentrate on employee incentives before moving to WH in 2008.
- Share Plan Lawyers Group
John is a keen sportsman and enjoys football and keeping fit.