Justin Byrne is a seasoned litigator and specialises in commercial disputes, with particular emphasis on IT. His expertise includes strategic and tactical advice on software development and implementation, contracts, out-sourcing agreements and all manner of IT contracts.
Justin also advises on complex claims for breach of contract and negligence, particularly for IT, manufacturing and engineering issues; international trade disputes; corporate disputes, such as breach of warranty claims and shareholder disputes; defamation and other reputation management advice and professional negligence claims.
Throughout a difficult and prolonged dispute, WH's adherence to the structure and strength of our case ensured we achieved a fair settlement. I would wholeheartedly recommend the commercial [litigation] team to both small and large firms who are seeking clear headed advice and a robust examination of their case.
- Acted for a subsidiary of a pre-eminent British engineering company in a multi-million pound software development dispute in the Technology and Construction Court and achieving a successful outcome.
- Acted for an international software supplier in a $50m software development contract dispute with three state-owned African banks in an ICC arbitration and achieving a successful outcome.
- Advised a engineering conglomerate in relation to a large multi-national business critical automotive product liability claim involving French, Japanese and other parties and achieving a successful outcome.
- Acted for a party in a dispute for control of the international business of a well known fashion designer and achieving a successful outcome.
- Advised a transport business in relation to an investigative report on a current affairs programme into aspects of the company’s business.
- Investors Compensation Scheme Limited v West Bromwich Building Society
- West Bromwich Building Society v Mander Hadley and others
- Lidl v Hertford Foods
Justin was a partner at Eversheds for 8 years before joining WH in 2010.
Justin enjoys travel, history, writing, riding, walking, food and wine.