Justin is experienced in all aspects of family law, for both married and unmarried families. As a collaborative lawyer and a member of Resolution, he actively seeks the resolution of disputes without involving the courts. Justin is a member of Altdivorce.uk, a collaborative lawyer pod which works with clients on the basis that communication rather than confrontation is key.
He has a particular expertise in resolving complex, high net worth financial cases, especially those involving companies, owner managed businesses, farms, pensions and overseas assets.
He also specialises in resolving disputes between unmarried couples where there are children and property involved; and the drafting of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Acted for the husband in divorce and ancillary relief proceedings where the main issues concerned whether the pension to be apportioned should take account of pre-marital contributions. Pension worth £1.6m
- Acted for the wife in ancillary relief proceedings which was complicated by a number of French assets and a UK based holding company
- Acted for the husband in divorce proceedings. Parties had signed a pre-nuptial agreement but the wife was seeking to negate its effect on the basis of undue influence / bad legal advice / non-disclosure and where the assets totalled £12m.
- Acted for the wife on divorce which was complicated by the presence of an international pre-nuptial agreement.
Justin qualified in 1992 and joined WH in 2003. Justin qualified as a collaborative lawyer in 2012.
- Resolution (formerly known as Solicitors Family Law Association)
Law Society’s Family Law Panel
He enjoys football (being a life-long supporter and season ticket holder for Birmingham City); golf; and family life.