Louise is a solicitor in the Commercial Litigation team helping UK and international businesses to resolve commercial disputes.
She has represented national and international businesses in a broad range of disputes including contractual claims, project-based disputes and trade and distribution disputes in the manufacturing, IT and engineering sectors.
She has also worked on large scale multi-party test case litigation and has experience of varied dispute resolution forums including the High Court, Court of Appeal and the UK Supreme Court, as well as domestic arbitration and mediation.
She represents clients in Intellectual Property cease and desist actions, including applications for injunctive relief to combat IP infringement.
She has recently developed expertise in the field of data management in light of the implementation of GDPR in May 2018. Her DP experience includes GDPR breach management advice and handling Data Subject Access Requests under the new data protection regime.
- Part of Defendant litigation team representing a multinational UK-based manufacturing company defending test-case industrial disease claims in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Part of Defendant litigation team representing a large pharmaceuticals company in test case multi-party insurance trigger litigation in the Court of Appeal
- Representing a global engineering and technology plc in an intervention in an appeal in the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Acting on urgent and non-urgent injunctions in IP matters e.g. applying for urgent injunctive relief to combat infringement of client’s IP in worldwide luxury retail product
- Acting for international transport company in the oil industry in an agency dispute settled following arbitration
- Acting for high net worth individual on a contractual dispute
- Acting for professional services company to enforce possession orders in insolvency claims.
Louise trained and qualified with US law firm Reed Smith.