Lucy advises clients across a range of sectors on all aspects of employment law. She acts for both employers and employees, advising them in the following areas:
- Unfair dismissal, including constructive unfair dismissal;
- Implementing changes to terms and conditions of employment;
- Drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and individual policies;
- Managing lawful dismissals;
- Discrimination claims.
- Advising companies across a range of sectors on day-to-day employment law and HR issues;
- Advising on the TUPE provisions of commercial agreements and leases;
- Advising an employee on the possible grounds for a claim for constructive unfair dismissal, and liaising with her employer to try and reach a settlement before the need for tribunal proceedings arises;
- Acting for an employee in claim for automatic constructive unfair dismissal and discrimination;
- Advising on the procedure for a gross misconduct appeal where the employee has suggested that the misconduct is linked to a disability;
- Advising a company on changing the terms and conditions of employment of an employee;
- Regularly reviewing and advising employers on their employment documentation, including standard employment contracts secondment agreements, consultancy agreements and intern agreements.
Lucy graduated with a degree in English Literature from the University of Birmingham in 2012. She then spent two years studying a Graduate Diploma in Law, before completing the Legal Practice Course with an Msc (distinction).
Lucy qualified as a solicitor into the employment team in September 2018.