Lucy qualified as a Solicitor in September 2018 after completing her two year training contract with Wright Hassall. Lucy is a solicitor in the outsourcing, technology and commercial team and supports on the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts for a wide variety of clients.
Lucy provides legal advice to clients across a range of sectors, and has experience in the following areas
- Advising on direct marketing under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and GDPR;
- Advising on contract terms to comply with the requirements of UK consumer legislation;
- Advising on the intellectual property provisions of an asset purchase agreement;
- Drafting a set of terms and conditions for the design and manufacture of bespoke metal goods;
- Advising clients on the requirements on the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and assisting with the preparation of a Modern Slavery Statement;
- Drafting bespoke employment and commercial policies for corporate clients; and
- Advising on the TUPE provisions of commercial agreements and leases.
Lucy graduated from the University of Birmingham with a 2:1 degree in English Literature in 2012. Lucy then spent two years studying the Graduate diploma in Law, before completing the Legal Practice Course with a distinction. Lucy also has an Msc in Law, Business and Management with distinction.
Lucy joined Wright Hassall in 2012, working as a Paralegal in the commercial litigation team for over two years before commencing her training contract.
Lucy qualified as a solicitor in September 2018.
Lucy is on the committee of the Warwickshire Junior Lawyers Division.