Rachael is Head of Private Rented Sector (PRS), she acts on behalf of Landlords specialising in the PRS.
Rachael’s clients include social landlords, local authorities, private landlords and developers. Rachael is a property litigation lawyer, with over 6 years Litigation experience, obtained both in-house and within private practice.
Rachael has specialised in housing litigation for over 4 years. She is an experienced advocate within the County and Magistrates Court, attending Anti-social behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 injunction applications, possession applications and committal hearings.
- Successfully obtained an exclusion order, on an ex-parte application for an Injunction.
- Clients include large housing associations, with diverse housing stock, portfolio landlords and property developers.
- Work closely with managing agents, proving advice in respect of the most efficient way to obtain possession.
- Currently act for a Large Social Landlord, advising them on their PRS work.
- Previously worked in-house at a Local Authority, conducting civil and criminal litigation, including prosecution work.
- Prior to this, Rachael worked at Trowers & Hamlins, in the Birmingham Property Litigation team.
- Rachael completed her Law Degree at Manchester Metropolitan University, gaining a 2:1.
- Completed her CILEx Graduate Fast Track Diploma, by distance learning with CILEx Law School, specialising in the Practice of Company and Partnership Law and Civil Litigation.
- SHLA (Social Housing Law Association)
- Women in Social Housing (WISH)
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
Rachael is a keen dog person, keen on fitness, in particular boxing, and trains at a local gym. Rachael is keen on travelling and a fan of civil aircraft, attending air shows throughout the country.