Robert specialises in shareholder agreements, company law advice, corporate finance, restructuring and refinancing, buy outs, and a broad range of transactional work including, mergers and acquisitions and takeovers across the UK and Europe.
He has particular expertise in the retail sector and acts for a range of clients from large privately-owned companies to entrepreneurial ventures, including start ups.
- Advised on the acquisition of construction consultants, Always Group, by international project and construction programme management company, Rhead Group for an undisclosed consideration.
- Advised SPS Logistics Limited with the sale of the company’s business and assets.
- Advised Zebco Sport Europe in connection with MBO and subsequently on refinancing/corporate issues relating to its European group of companies.
- Advised Valco Capital Partners on Denby Pottery’s acquisition of Burgess Dorling & Leigh, the producers of Burleigh Pottery.
- Advised an international restructuring business on its purchase of international carpet manufacturer Kraus Group, involving cross-border transaction services.
- Advised CEBA Angels on their investment in games company Caperfly.
- Advised an international restructuring business on its purchase of Pochin Concrete Pumping Ltd
Having trained with The Wilkes Partnership, Robert joined WH in 1995 becoming a partner in 1998.
- The Rotary Club
- Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce
Robert enjoys squash, history, gardening and walking.