The purpose of this note is to assess the issues a landlord should consider before pursuing their tenant for compensation for dilapidations arising following the termination of an Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 (“1986 Act”) tenancy.Read more
Sarah advises farmers, landowners and all other individuals and businesses living and/or operating in the rural and farming community on a variety of matters. She assists clients with the Common Agricultural Policy (“CAP”) and the UK’s Basic Payment Scheme, the stewardship schemes and other relevant domestic and European legislation.
She also advises on issues raised by the HS2 Rail Project including the negotiation of agreements for access for ecological surveys and ground investigation and requests for access.
More recently she has been focusing on the implications of Brexit for farmers and for owners and operators of rural businesses.
With her background as a Property Litigator, Sarah has experience of agricultural partnership disputes, commercial property disputes, telecoms lease renewals and terminations as well as other commercial business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
As part of a Warwickshire farming family, Sarah understands the day to day challenges faced by farmers and landowners. She has a keen interest in agriculture and an natural appreciation for the countryside and diversification in all its many forms.
- Negotiating HS2 Limited’s Agreement for Ground Investigation Surveys and Early Access Agreements for ecological surveys.
- Negotiating the termination of leases for telecoms sites on farms under the Telecoms Code and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and the decommissioning of telecoms sites.
- Acting for various agricultural and general commercial clients in relation to the renewal and termination of business leases under the Landord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Advising on agricultural property disputes and partnerships dissolutions.
- Advising on whether certain activities are in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Advising on occupiers liability.
- Successfully defending proceedings issued by the planning department of a district council in the south east of England for alleged breach of enforcement notices and/or planning conditions and obtaining an order for costs against the council, also negotiating the terms of a Section 106 Agreement.
- Acting for clients against architects for professional negligence.
- Possession proceedings against trespassers and tenants breaching tenancy agreements.
- Advising on Adverse Possession