Sarah is the firm's Managing Partner and also head of the dispute resolution group and specialises in commercial contract disputes, banking and finance litigation, professional negligence, fraud and commercial litigation.
A member of the Finance and Leasing Association and Institute of Credit Managers, she advises lenders and asset finance companies on all types of finance agreements, factoring and invoice discounting, hire purchase, lease purchase and leasing agreements, guarantee claims, fraud claims and consumer credit issues.
Top ranked for advising on professional negligence, Sarah advises on claims against solicitors, accountants, auditors, surveyors, architects and financial advisers and mortgage fraud (claims against the compensation fund). She acted in the leading case on breach of fiduciary duty (Swindle -v- Harrison) and has particular expertise in claims against advisers for negligent tax planning and for investment advice.
Sarah also advises on commercial litigation including company and shareholder disputes, fraud claims, commercial contract disputes, partnership disputes, pensions disputes and problems in relating to international sale of goods.
- Advised on claims of failure to supply which involved multi-million pound international arbitrations.
- Advised on claims for breach of contract, including obligations of confidentiality and various intellectual property infringements.
- Acting for claimants in proceedings relating to contractual obligations for early retirement pension benefits.
- Bradford & Bingley Building Society v Hayes and Dunphy's
- Mortgage Express v Sawali
- VFS Financial Services (UK) Limited v Hennellys Limited
- Lighthousecarrwood plc v Luckett
- Ross v Stonewood Securities Limited
- Gander and Thomas v BPE Solicitors
Sarah Perry is praised for her client-conscious approach. She is sought to handle large-scale commercial disputes.