Ana also advises care providers in respect of regulatory actions taken against them by the CQC and challenges decisions taken by Local Authorities by way of Judicial Review.
"Interviewees commend the department's "great service" and appreciate that team members are "thorough, friendly and approachable."
- Advising a claimant in respect of its deceit and constructive trust claim against a corporate entity in liquidation and its two former directors following an investment of £2.2m in Brazil
- Successfully obtaining an interim worldwide freezing injunction for a corporate client and subsequently defending an application to discharge the injunction
- Obtaining a Banker’s Trust Order on behalf of a corporate client requiring a number of UK and foreign banks to release documents
- Defending proceedings brought by the European Commission concerning a complex contractual and fiduciary claim
- Acting for directors /shareholders who find themselves in a “deadlock” with other shareholders
- Advising minority shareholders in respect of unfair prejudice and derivative claims
- Advising a shareholder in respect of “Good/Bad Leaver” provisions in the company’s Articles of Association
Health and social care
- Successfully appealed an urgent Notice of Decision made by the Care Quality Commission in respect of a care home
- Advised founder/shareholders of a corporate care provider in respect of a dispute concerning the value of the shares.
- Advised care provider in respect of a breach of warranty claim following acquisition of a new business
- Advised a domiciliary care provider following the unlawful termination of its Framework Agreement by a Local Authority
- Challenged the conclusions and findings made by a Local Authority pursuant to the Care Act by way of Judicial Review
- Successfully defended an action brought by a Liquidator against a former director for transactions at an undervalue, preference and defrauding creditors;
- Acted for Trustees in Bankruptcy and making an application for the private examination of former legal advisor of a bankrupt for the benefit of creditors
- Acted for the Official Receiver in bringing an application to suspend the discharge of bankrupts who were the subject of an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office
- Advised former directors in respect of the reuse of company name after liquidation
"City firm service, but from a regional firm – local, personable and cost-effective."
Ana graduated from Leeds University with a First Class Honours Degree in History and English. Following a brief spell working in a boutique consultancy firm in the city advising blue-chip companies, Ana went on to study law at the College of Law in London.
Ana completed her training in London and worked at a West-end firm before joining Wright Hassall in July 2017.
Ana is fluent in Serbo-Croat and speaks conversational Italian having lived in Italy for a year. She enjoys watching foreign films and the theatre.