Anna represents a broad range of clients, including property investors, privately owned property groups, commercial developers, landowners, public authorities and government bodies on a range of property-related disputes.
"The property litigation team has some impressive corporate clients, who trust the firm with their commercial landlord and tenant work."
- Exercise break option: successfully extracted a public sector client from commercial premises following the exercise of a highly conditional tenant break option. The client had been in occupation for decades, having installed expensive bespoke communications and IT server rooms, power generators and significant internal partitioning.
- Dilapidations: negotiated settlement of multi-million pounds claims for a public sector client, including arguments on supersession and diminution in value.
- Lease renewal proceedings (opposed): landlord opposed renewal on grounds of demolition /construction. Advised charity on whether the landlord had substantiated its grounds of opposition, applicable statutory compensation if grounds satisfied and potential antecedent breaches. Continually taking into consideration the client’s operational requirements.
- Breach of lease: advised landed estate in connection with enforceability of ‘keep open’ provision, forfeiture by peaceable re-entry or service of s146 notices. Development site assessment: advised landed estates on potential strategies for the removal of multiple and varied occupational interest to facilitate future redevelopment of area.
- Professional negligence: advised liquidator in a multi-million-pound professional negligence claims against a quantity surveyor acting as employer’s agent. Worked in conjunction with specialist counsel and experts in formulating and quantifying claim.
- Construction: represented long residential leaseholders/management company of a mixed-use development in a ‘Grenfell’ classing case against a national building contractor.
"Wright Hassall’s entire disrepair team including their juniors have a great work ethic and are excellent in their abilities"
Before joining Wright Hassall, Anna worked at various firms in Birmingham and Warwickshire, including Weightmans, Emms Gilmore Liberson, Clarke Willmott, DAC Beachcroft and Lodders.
Given her Italian heritage, life seems to evolve around food for Anna! Bizarrely, she dislikes the kitchen (cooking), but loves nothing more than sitting round the table socialising with family and friends.
Anna escapes the stresses of daily life by reading, going to the theatre or cinema and when the opportunity presents itself, travelling with her husband.