"Wright Hassall LLP’s work is ‘on a par with the big London firms’. It is acting for Chase Commercial on the redevelopment of a large site in Bromsgrove, and is providing ongoing advice to BMW and JC Decaux (UK)."
Residential development is a specialised area, and David has over 20 years of experience in dealing with acquisitions and disposals and other property experience in dealing with mines and minerals and manorial matters and town centre regeneration projects.
Complex multiparty collaboration agreement with ancillary documentation for a residential development of a site comprising Residential development is a specialised area, and David has over 20 years of experience in dealing with acquisitions and disposals, as well as other property experience in dealing with mines and minerals and manorial matters and town centre regeneration projects
- Complex multiparty collaboration agreement with ancillary documentation for a residential development of a site comprising over 300 residential units
- Acting for landowners and promoters in respect of promotion agreements (including hybrid agreements)
- Acting for developers on acquisition of strategic development sites as well as immediate development projects
- Acting for social housing providers in the acquisition of sites (including s106 agreement acquisitions)
- Restructuring a seventeenth-century “pooling agreement” of mineral interests involving mineral operators, nationalises railway interests and mineral owners
- Acting for owners of manorial interests in ransoming developers.
"The team is able to provide a comprehensive real estate service comparable with the largest City firms. They clearly believe in the importance of relationships and provide an excellent client experience."
After gaining his degree at the University of Manchester, David completed his Articles of Clerkship at Oldham Rust Solicitors in Birmingham and Stafford. He then completed two years as a Crown Prosecutor before joining Wragge and Co. in its property development team for seven years.
Following that spent 15 years at Stoke on Trent firm KJD becoming a partner and head of the property team. He has recently worked at Gateley PLC and Gowlings, both in Birmingham in their respective residential development teams, before joining Wright Hassell this year.
Outside work David is a passionate follower of Wales rugby union and enjoys attending matches at what he describes as the best stadium in the world (Principality Stadium, Cardiff). David enjoys the music of Bob Dylan) having seen him in concert a vast number of times both in the UK and Europe. David is also learning to speak Welsh.