Justin, a Family Lawyer for 30 years, assists on a wide range of matters, specialising in advising clients going through the personal difficulties of separation in terms of the financial and childcare arrangement challenges that may result.
He is very experienced, very approachable and quick to advise on the best options available
Throughout Justin’s 30-year career, he has advised clients on cases ranging widely in complexity and value. Such experience has included dealing with:
- Pre-nuptial agreement: A complex case involving a disputed pre-nuptial agreement subsequently upheld by the court.
- Child arrangements: Advising clients in dealing with arrangements for their children. Such as involved complex cases where factual issues have had to be determined by a court before a final decision is made.
- Collaborative Divorce: Advising a number of clients through the Collaborative process, including screening cases to determine where the collaborative process would be suitable and beneficial for those involved.
- Business Ownership: Complex cases involving businesses to include their value and how it is best dealt with as part of a settlement.
- Pensions and Divorce: Advising on the law surrounding the sharing or otherwise of pensions following divorce. Such often included obtaining specialist expert advice on this complex area and explaining that advice to clients.
- Farming Family and Divorce: Advising farming client’s on how the law approaches the division of assets on divorce and how this can have a potential impact on farm assets and land, and any farming partnership in which the client is involved.
"Justin is very knowledgeable and experienced. He understands how to progress issues tactically but without confrontation"
After gaining his law degree in 1988, Solihull born Justin qualified in 1992, after traveling round the world for 12 months followed by successful completion of his Law Society Finals exams. He then set up a practice in partnership between 1996 and 2003, before then moving to Wright Hassall, becoming a partner in 2006. He has been Head of our Family Team since 2016.
- Resolution (formerly known as Solicitors Family Law Association)
- Coventry & Warwickshire Collaborative Lawyers POD
Outside work Justin enjoys walking, football (being a Birmingham City supporter), the odd round of golf (albeit badly) and reading. Justin also has a keen interest in genealogy and is currently putting together his family tree. He is back to the 17th century so far, so a little while to go yet.