Justin's specialism is advising client`s dealing with a variety of issues arising from there separating from their partner, and in particular those going through the trauma of the divorce or dissolution of their relationship. Such issues relate primarily to the complex untangling of the client`s financial relationship with their former partner, including issues of financial support, dealing with property, dealing with businesses and dealing with pensions. Justin leads his clients through this difficult process and legal issues which arise.
Justin also has experience in the drafting and setting up of nuptial agreements, both pre and post marriage
Justin is also a qualified collaborative lawyer and keen proponent of alternative dispute resolution solutions for clients outside of the court arena.
"Justin is very knowledgeable and experienced. He understands how to progress issues tactically but without confrontation"
Family law has been a specialist area for Justin for some 30 years, throughout which he has advised numerous clients, whatever the value of the particular case. Such experience has included dealing with the following:
- A complex case involving a disputed pre-nuptial agreement subsequently upheld by the court.
- Complex cases involving businesses to include their value and how best dealt with as part of a settlement
- Advising on the law surrounding the sharing or otherwise of pensions following divorce. Such often included obtaining specialist expert advice on this complex area and explaining that advice to clients.
- Advising farming client`s on how the law approaches the division of assets on divorce and how this can have a potential impact on farm assets and land, and any farming partnership in which the client is involved.
- Advising clients in dealing with arrangements for their children. Such has involved complex cases where factual issues have had to be determined by a court before a final decision is made
- Advising a number of clients through the Collaborative process, to include screening those cases where the collaborative process would be suitable and beneficial for those involved
"Justin Creed is exceptionally smooth and well rounded. As good with clients as he is on the law"
After gaining his law degree in 1988, Solihull born Justin qualified in 1992, after traveling round the world for 12 months followed by successful completion of his Law Society Finals exams. He then set up a practice in partnership between 1996 and 2003, before then moving to Wright Hassall, becoming a partner in 2006. He has been head of the family team since 2016.
- Resolution (formerly known as Solicitors Family Law Association)
- Coventry & Warwickshire Collaborative Lawyers POD
Outside work Justin enjoys walking, football (being a Birmingham City supporter), the odd round of golf (albeit badly) and reading. Justin also has a keen interest in genealogy and is currently putting together his family tree. He is back to the 17th century so far, so a little while to go yet.