"The property litigation team has some impressive corporate clients, who trust the firm with their commercial landlord and tenant work."
Property litigation is a specialist area and Kristy has extensive experience of dealing with property related disputes. Some examples of matters dealt with by Kristy are:
- Issued possession proceedings against a client’s ex-husband who transferred the property to her and promised to leave the property but refused. The ex-husband defended the proceedings on the grounds that he was “tricked” into signing the house over, and thought he was signing a Will. A date for trial is awaited, although the ex-husbands legal aid has just been cancelled.
- Acted on behalf of a large corporate company in respect of a right of way access being used for deliveries was blocked by the land-owner. Injunctive proceedings were threatened, which lead to an agreement with the land over.
- Acting on behalf of several estate agents, and private landlords in regaining possession of properties
- Acted on behalf a client in respect of a dispute about her home which derived from farmland that was initially owned by her ex-husbands family. The ex-husbands family were blocking access and making her life very difficult as they lived next door. The client wanted to sell but was unable to with the dispute ongoing. A settlement was agreed, and the client was able to sell the property and start her life again elsewhere.
- Dealing with the Land Registry Tribunal in respect of removing a right of way that was registered across my client’s back garden without their knowledge for the benefit of another property. The right of way is important for the other property because otherwise, their property will potentially, be landlocked (and they are trying to sell). Its of paramount importance to the client because it cuts across their back garden. Proceedings are ongoing.
"The property litigation team has an ability for nurturing talent. Professionally run and client-focused"
Kristy completed her law studies part time over 7 years whilst working full time in a law firm. She started out as a receptionist and worked her way up to a conveyancing assistant prior to qualification. She qualified at a firm in Worcester within the personal injury department, and obtained her higher rights of audience within 3 months of qualifying. A year after qualification moved to a firm in Coventry specialising in commercial and civil litigation, and was there for 7 years before making a move to Wright Hassall as an Associate in the Property litigation department.
Outside work Kristy enjoys spending time with her family and her chocolate Labrador. Kristy enjoys to travel, and wants to visit as many countries as possible!