"I am more than delighted with the outcome and would like to thank you once again for all the help, advice and support you have given me over the past 4+ years. I could not have done it without you!"
- Acted for a client in making an application to the Court of Protection for a will to be executed on behalf of the client’s parent who had lost the capacity to make a will. Represented the client in the proceedings and the Judge authorised the client to execute a will on behalf of the parent.
- Advised a client on her entitlement to her deceased partner’s estate as the partner had not made any provision for the client in his will. Negotiated on behalf of the client and the client obtained a share of the deceased’s estate, including the property they shared.
- Represented a protected person’s parent in proceedings to remove a professional deputy and for the appointment of an alternative deputy as the relationship between the protected person’s family and the deputy had broken down. The Judge ordered the appointment of a panel deputy, identified by the client as being suitable, since this was in the protected person’s best interests.”
- Acted for a client attorney in seeking the retrospective approval of the Court of Protection in respect of an investment made by him on behalf of a protected person. The attorney was unaware that the Court’s permission was required prior to funds being placed in that particular investment. Liaised with the Official Solicitor who represented the protected person and the Judge approved the investment retrospectively without the need for a court hearing.
- Represented clients in obtaining the Court’s authority to commence court proceedings on behalf of the protected person in the High Court to set aside a property transaction which the protected person had entered into at a time when he lacked capacity. This was approved by the Court of Protection.”
"The team at Wright Hassall is conscientious and devoted to achieving the best possible outcome for its clients"
Mitra graduated from the University of Kent with LLB (Honours) and did her Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London. Mitra completed her training contract with WH, qualifying as a solicitor in the litigation team in 2008. Mitra is focussed on expanding the Court of Protection team at Wright Hassall. Mitra has developed a strong network with professionals specialising in mental capacity issues and is a member of the Mental Capacity Special Interest Group.
In her spare time, Mitra enjoys cycling, spending time with family and friends and is a keen traveller, having travelled extensively as a student. She also enjoys cooking and trying out new recipes more than ever now!