"Extremely capable, responsive and hardworking."
- Acted in High Court multi-party litigation for a design and build main contractor facing claims from the landlord and tenant in relation to allegations of a defective floor in a major manufacturer’s warehousing and distribution centre.
- Acted for a number of contractor and sub-contractor clients in relation to interim and final account payment disputes through negotiation, adjudication and High Court enforcement proceedings.
- Advised a leading UK university in relation to quality and delay issues on a flagship building.
- Acted for the design and build contractor of a prestigious London hotel regarding allegations of defective design and workmanship, including in relation to the mechanical and electrical installations.
- Advised a leading oil and gas company in relation to delay claims for the construction of a sub-sea pipeline.
- Acted for a regional transport authority in relation to design issues in delivering enhancements to a city centre transport network.
- Defended architects and surveyors from negligence claims brought by their employers and advised employer clients on claims against their professional teams.
- Advised in relation to disputes involving offshore oil and gas installations (including an FPSO) and onshore processing plants.
- Advised a contractor in relation to a dispute over payment concerning a major city centre power infrastructure contract.
"Wright Hassall provides an excellent, efficient and timely service to clients from initial review of strengths and weaknesses of the case right through to dispute resolution procedures."
Paul joined Wright Hassall from Mills and Reeve where he was a principal associate. Previously he worked for Wragge and Co LLP as a solicitor specialising in technology and construction.
Paul is a member of the Society of Construction Law and is a regular attendee at meetings of the Forum for the Built Environment.
Paul is a a keen cyclist and something of a ‘petrolhead’ with a particular passion for sports car and endurance racing