"Extremely capable, responsive and hardworking."
- Acted in High Court multi-party litigation for a design and build main contractor facing claims from the landlord and tenant in relation to allegations of a defective floor in a major manufacturer’s warehousing and distribution centre.
- Acted for a number of contractor and sub-contractor clients in relation to interim and final account payment disputes through negotiation, adjudication and High Court enforcement proceedings.
- Advised a leading UK university in relation to quality and delay issues on a flagship building.
- Acted for the design and build contractor of a prestigious London hotel regarding allegations of defective design and workmanship, including in relation to the mechanical and electrical installations.
- Advised a leading oil and gas company in relation to delay claims for the construction of a sub-sea pipeline.
- Acted for a regional transport authority in relation to design issues in delivering enhancements to a city centre transport network.
- Defended architects and surveyors from negligence claims brought by their employers and advised employer clients on claims against their professional teams.
- Advised in relation to disputes involving offshore oil and gas installations (including an FPSO) and onshore processing plants.
- Advised a contractor in relation to a dispute over payment concerning a major city centre power infrastructure contract.
"Very good depth of knowledge on construction contract documentation"
Paul joined Wright Hassall from Mills and Reeve where he was a principal associate. Previously he worked for Wragge and Co LLP as a solicitor specialising in technology and construction.
Paul is a member of the Society of Construction Law and is a regular attendee at meetings of the Forum for the Built Environment.
Paul is a a keen cyclist and something of a ‘petrolhead’ with a particular passion for sports car and endurance racing