Pete is the Practice Lead of the Outsourcing, Technology and Commercial Team. He is a commercial contracts lawyer specialising in the drafting and negotiation of outsourcing and commercial contracts.
"We were pleasantly surprised that a law firm would take the time to get to know us and understand our business, which made a real difference to the work they have done."
- Ongoing advice to one of the UK’s biggest logistics providers in its multi-year contract with the UK’s biggest brewery
- Advising the UK’s biggest distributor of EV charging units on various contracts, including for the supply of EV charging units across multiple local authorities
- Advising an IT/telecoms outsourcer on its response to an ITT with a government body (and on the negotiation of the subsequent contract following down selecting) together with the negotiation of suitable flow-down terms to our client’s subcontractors and suppliers
- Advising an IT/telecoms outsourcer on its multi-year contract with one of the UK’s biggest building societies
- Advising a portable battery designer and manufacturer on the provisions in a defence sector contract and with a major UK transport provider
"Helming the outsourcing, technology and commercial desk, Pete Maguire works with an array of tech companies, defence contractors and manufacturers, often on projects with a distinct international aspect."
Pete trained at Edge Ellison in Birmingham (latterly Hammonds and now Squire Sanders) and also undertook a secondment with Bass Brewers (now Molson Coors) giving him further understanding and appreciation of client needs. Pete joined Wright Hassall from the in-house legal team at Compass, the catering and support services FTSE Top 40 Group.
Pete spends his spare time with his family. He is a keen sportsman and an enthusiastic (although erratic!) skier. Pete played county-level rugby and is now an accredited RFU coach. He is also a Governor at Warwickshire Colleges Group.