“Rachael went the extra mile to make sure that I had the best deal. A big thank you to you especially as you kept focus on the best outcome for me throughout”
Rachael builds a good rapport with her client’s during what is a very difficult time for them. She ensures her clients are kept fully informed at all stages and handles complex cases in a sensitive and empathetic manner.
She ensures her clients not only receive the level of compensation they deserve, she is committed to ensure they also receive appropriate rehabilitation and support.
- Successfully settled a claim against a Hospital brought by the Spouse of the Deceased arising from the misdiagnosis of testicular cancer. A diagnosis of seminoma was made as opposed to Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma. As a result the Deceased was treated with the wrong chemotherapy programme and, had he have received the correct treatment, he would have survived.
- Successfully settled a claim against a Hospital arising from the failure to correctly administer a drug causing skin necrosis requiring debridement surgery
- Successfully settled a claim brought by the parents of a baby in their claim against a Hospital. On presentation at the Hospital, the midwives failed to correctly record maternal observations, failed to accurately record fetal decelerations noted on the CTG or escalate to the obstetric team for review and emergency caesarean causing the baby to suffer with hypoxic brain injury from which he later died from his injuries.
- Successfully settled a claim for a delayed diagnosis of cervical cancer as a result of misreporting of cervical slides following smear testing. My client had to undergo a total hysterectomy and suffered with psychological injuries, pain as a result of nerve damage and lymphoedema.
- Successfully settled a claim against an employer on behalf of the Estate of the Deceased who was fatally injured whilst working in Northern Ireland
- Successfully settled a personal injury claim arising from a dog bite which caused my client extensive wounding requiring plastic surgery and permanent lymphoedema
- Successfully settled a claim following a road traffic accident which caused a head injury leading to post-concussive syndrome, personality changes and neuro-psychological injury impacting my client’s ability to continue with his job
- Successfully settled a claim against an employer for failures to provide suitable Personal Protective Equipment as a result of which my client suffered with a caustic burn injury requiring excision and skin graft leaving significant and permanent disfigurement
- Successfully settled a claim against an employer following an unsafe system of work resulting in my client requiring extensive knee and ligament reconstruction over the course of 3 surgeries. My client was left in a permanent knee brace and with a limp which affected his ability to work and there was a substantial risk of re-rupture and further surgery in the future.
Rachael also has experience defending personal injury claims brought against companies.
"Rachael was extremely helpful and very thorough all through the process and gave me every confidence of a satisfactory outcome."
Rachael joined Wright Hassall after completing her A Levels and then studied part time whilst gaining experience in the Medical Negligence and Personal Injury team. Rachael qualified as a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2009 (CFILEX). Rachael gained experience at Keoghs solicitors from 2004 – 2009 and, having taken a 6 month sabbatical to travel abroad, returned to Wright Hassall in 2010.
- Association Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) - Litigator Status
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of AAMA (Action Against Medical Accidents)
Rachael leads a busy life outside of work which centres around looking after her young son. Living in Warwickshire she spends many weekends exploring the countryside but also enjoys travelling abroad. In her spare time Rachael is a keen baker.