Samantha deals predominantly with business lease renewals but also has experience with trespassers and squatters, breach of covenant claims, specific performance, forfeiture, interim rent calculations and refunds, serving schedules of dilapidations and failure to complete on auction sales of land.
For her lease renewal work, Samantha acts for both landlords and tenants, serving and advising on the validity of Section 25, Section 26 and Section 27 notices.
"Wright Hassall LLP is recognised for its landlord and tenant work, including handling dilapidations claims, lease renewals and termination, rent reviews, recovery of rent, collection of service charge arrears and enforcement of covenants."
- Manages the commercial property portfolio for a FTSE 100 client, containing over 600 properties
- Assisted on the eviction of squatters for a high profile client, including attending the possession hearing. Samantha managed to obtain a writ of possession on the same day from the High Court District Registry in a different city, allowing the client to instruct enforcement officers to enter and recover the property the following day
- Advised a sports club on their statutory position relating to a lease of their playing field and managed the club’s statutory protection during negotiations for a sale of the freehold
- Advised a corporate seller on proceedings resulting from a buyer’s failure to complete on an auction sale of land, despite service of a notice to complete
- Acted on an eviction matter relating to the property of a TMT client
"The property litigation team has an ability for nurturing talent. Professionally run and client-focused"
Samantha graduated from the University of Derby before undertaking her Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Birmingham, achieving a Distinction in both the LPC and Masters of Law.
She has volunteered as a Mediation Assistant with Derby Homes, dealing with residential disputes, and worked at Immigration Advisory Services (UK) in Derby, assisting in applications and appeals for matters such as visas, naturalisation and asylum.
Prior to joining Wright Hassall in February 2018, she worked at Hewitsons dealing with development matters on behalf of public sector agencies and developers.
Samantha is due to begin her training contract with Wright Hassall in September 2019.
Samantha enjoys spending time with her family and playing a variety of sports. She is particularly keen on American Football, having been selected to represent Great Britain both at home and abroad; she has also practised Taekwon-Do, where she won a silver medal at the English Open in sparring.