Sandra acts in a wide range of construction disputes and has experience of advising on crucial issues that arise during projects including time for completion, extensions of time, loss and expense, variations, payment and design and defects.
She also frequently drafts and reviews JCT and NEC contracts, bespoke terms of business and professional appointments.
Sandra advises clients from all sides of the industry including main contractors, specialist subcontractors, employers and funders.
She often helps clients resolve their disputes through different forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as “Without Prejudice” meetings and mediation. Sandra is an experienced litigator and also acts for referring and responding parties in adjudications.
"Very good depth of knowledge on construction contract documentation"
- Advising a national provider of testing, inspection and compliance services on various payment related disputes.
- Advising house builders regarding defects and contract termination claims.
- Advising a national mechanical services contractor on the merits of a loss and expense claim in relation to a residential development in the Jewellery Quarter.
- Advising specialist swimming pool contractors in relation to allegations of defective workmanship and delay.
- Assisting a specialist refurbishment and fit-out subcontractor in relation to a contract with a major motor vehicle retailer.
- Drafting contracts for regional and national housing providers and developers in relation to multi-million pound site acquisitions.
- Conducting due diligence contract reviews for project funders.
"Wright Hassall have a very firm knowledge of the construction industry, and a very commercial attitude to the wants of a specialist sub-contractor"
Sandra graduated from Nottingham Law School before completing the Legal Practice Course in 2012. She qualified as a solicitor at a regional firm in Buckinghamshire and practised in general civil and commercial litigation. She developed a particular interest in disputes relating to construction projects whilst working with builder and developer clients.
In her spare time Sandra enjoys long walks in the countryside and travelling abroad.