"Many thanks for all you have done to help us, and for going over your hours and working so hard. We really appreciate it"
- Advising on legal issues arising from compulsory purchase and compensation;
- Advising land and property owners on claims for compensation in respect of the HS2 Rail Project;
- Strategic advice in terms of property holdings and interests ahead of compulsory purchase;
- Preparing and serving blight notices and counternotices under the Land Compensation Act 1973 and the Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981;
- Preparing claims for determination via Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- Negotiating HS2 Limited’s Agreement for Ground Investigation Surveys and Early Access Agreements for ecological surveys;
- Negotiating the termination of leases for telecoms sites on farms under the Telecoms Code and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and the decommissioning of telecoms sites;
- Acting for various agricultural and general commercial clients in relation to the renewal and termination of business leases under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Advising on agricultural property disputes and partnerships dissolutions;
- Advising on whether certain activities are in breach of restrictive covenants;
- Advising on occupiers liability;
- Successfully defending proceedings issued by the planning department of a district council in the south east of England for alleged breach of enforcement notices and/or planning conditions and obtaining an order for costs against the council, also negotiating the terms of a Section 106 Agreement;
- Acting for clients against architects for professional negligence;
- Possession proceedings against trespassers and tenants breaching tenancy agreements; and
- Advising on Adverse Possession
“Just a quick note to thank you both for your perseverance with this project in the face of difficult circumstances and the need for continuous updates. Your good humour and patience was appreciated [and thank you for taking my calls when I know you had other work to be getting on with]”.
- Penningtons Manches LLP (2009 – 2012)
- Bircham Dyson Bell LLP (2002 – 2008)
Sarah loves being with her young family and socialising with family and friends. Having spent nearly four years living in Qatar, she has slipped seamlessly from flip flops back to boots and is enjoying being back in the green English countryside. She loves playing tennis, squash and hockey and has vowed to do some running for charity in the near future. Watch this space!