Sarah assists clients with the Common Agricultural Policy (“CAP”) and the UK’s Basic Payment Scheme, the stewardship schemes and other relevant domestic and European legislation.
She also advises on issues raised by the HS2 Rail Project including the negotiation of agreements for access for ecological surveys and ground investigation and requests for access.
More recently she has been focusing on the implications of Brexit for farmers and for owners and operators of rural businesses.
With her background as a Property Litigator, Sarah has experience of agricultural partnership disputes, commercial property disputes, telecoms lease renewals and terminations as well as other commercial business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
As part of a Warwickshire farming family, Sarah understands the day to day challenges faced by farmers and landowners. She has a keen interest in agriculture and an natural appreciation for the countryside and diversification in all its many forms.
"Sarah goes to lengths to help as much as she can and is always knowledgeable, friendly and helpful"
- Negotiating HS2 Limited’s Agreement for Ground Investigation Surveys and Early Access Agreements for ecological surveys.
- Negotiating the termination of leases for telecoms sites on farms under the Telecoms Code and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and the decommissioning of telecoms sites.
- Acting for various agricultural and general commercial clients in relation to the renewal and termination of business leases under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Advising on agricultural property disputes and partnerships dissolutions.
- Advising on whether certain activities are in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Advising on occupiers liability.
- Successfully defending proceedings issued by the planning department of a district council in the south east of England for alleged breach of enforcement notices and/or planning conditions and obtaining an order for costs against the council, also negotiating the terms of a Section 106 Agreement.
- Acting for clients against architects for professional negligence.
- Possession proceedings against trespassers and tenants breaching tenancy agreements.
- Advising on Adverse Possession
"Sarah Beer is an associate in the farming and estates team. She has considerable experience advising on matters related to HS2."
- Penningtons Manches LLP (2009 – 2012)
- Bircham Dyson Bell LLP (2002 – 2008)
Sarah loves being with her young family and socialising with family and friends. Having spent nearly four years living in Qatar, she has slipped seamlessly from flip flops back to boots and is enjoying being back in the green English countryside. She loves playing tennis, squash and hockey and has vowed to do some running for charity in the near future. Watch this space!