" ... ability of the team to "put in the right resources" and "offer a collaborative service."
Tax and financial services
- Acted in connection with SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) tax planning schemes which have been implemented negligently
- Acted for individuals in connection with the mis-selling of financial products
- Acted for individuals and companies in connection with the mis-selling of high risk and unsuitable investment products
- Advised in connection with a VAT dispute
- Represented an individual in connection with negligent investment advice provided by an IFA
- Acted in numerous partnership disputes concerning an exiting partners entitlement and responsibility for liabilities
- Defended and brought injunctions in relation to the breach of restrictive covenants
- Represented an individual in relation to breaches of the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Acted on numerous disputes concerning the breach of the Sales of Goods Act 1979
- Represented and defended claims for unfair prejudice, breach of fiduciary duties and breach of shareholders’ agreement
Health and safety and regulatory
- Defended corporates against HSE prosecutions
- Advising corporates in connection with enforcement notes
- Challenging Fees For Intervention
- Advising a company in connection with a serious incident and assisting throughout the HSE investigation
- Advised corporates in connection with fire safety regulations
- Private prosecutions under regulatory framework
"Interviewees commend the department's "great service" and appreciate that team members are "thorough, friendly and approachable."
Tariva read Law at Exeter University and completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in London before completing her training contract. Tariva joined the commercial litigation team at Wright Hassall in 2014.
Tariva enjoys sport, travelling and playing the piano.