Transport and logistics
Our experienced transport and logistic lawyers understand the critical role that warehouses and logistics companies play in not only turning the sector wheels but also keeping the country running. This is now more apparent than ever during the coronavirus pandemic.
Changing business models, new technology and increasing consumer demand are forcing rapid changes to the way logistics services are procured and supplied.
Added to that the increasing costs involved – whether property, assets and people – as well as Brexit (and the fundamental changes it may bring) and increasing regulation, the need to “get it right” has never been greater.
With substantive experience in advising both logistics providers and customers on all aspects of logistics contracts and regulation and drawing on practical know-how gained through our location centrally within the “golden circle” for logistics, we are well placed to assist.
For logistics providers, growing their business in an increasingly competitive market is paramount. We provide a solutions focused service, helping to win business and reduce cost whilst best mitigating against the risks involved. For customers, securing the right outcome, minimising business disruption and future-proofing is paramount.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- logistics outsourcings across a broad range of sectors including: aerospace, automotive / manufacturing, defence, FMCG, public, retail and utilities;
- in-sourcing / second generation outsourcings;
- supply chain management;
- collaborations including: partnering arrangements, joint ventures and sub-contracting;
- technology procurements and licensing;
- asset procurements and leasing;
- property acquisitions, leasing and disposals;
- trading on standard terms including: RHW, FTA, UKWA, CMR and Incoterms;
- dispute resolution including: contractual disputes, insolvency and asset recovery;
- employment (including restructures and TUPE);
- mergers, acquisitions and disposals (including guidance through CMA approvals);
- health and safety; and
- logistics law and regulation.
Our clients include: 3PLs (including household names); major corporates and FMCGs, SMEs and new entrants, as well as technology providers and consultants.
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (“the Scheme”) is designed to help businesses avoid having to temporarily lay off s...Read article
Police forces across the UK have been stopping drivers to check they are making essential-only journeys and that has cau...Read article
Under any type of contract, a party will want to limit to what extent they will be liable to the other party for losses ...Read article