We advise commercial landlords, developers, landowners, property investors, property management companies and property occupiers on how to resolve commercial property disputes quickly and efficiently.
The team delivers technical excellence with commercial analysis that provides clients with clear advice and options. We assess all disputes at the outset to find the most appropriate solution and always consider the commercial, financial and reputational impact of any dispute.
The team works closely with our commercial property and specialist planning and construction teams and provides regular training to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Our commercial property litigation lawyers advise on:
- dilapidations, alteration and repair
- lease renewals and complex rent reviews
- lease termination: forfeiture, surrender, break notices and notices to quit
- recovery of rent and service charge arrears
- consents to assign, underlet, alter and change use
- development and contractual disputes
- joint venture disputes
- rights of light
- site clearance
- telecommunications and utilities
- restrictive covenants and overage
- dealing with the removal of squatters, trespassers and travellers
Last Friday afternoon, the government amended the Coronavirus Act which has the effect of changing the notice periods re...Read article
Landlords will be aware that, following the introduction of Practice Direction 55Z to the Civil Procedure Rules, all pos...Read article
The Government has announced extra protection for businesses by placing a moratorium on commercial landlords’ sanctions ...Read article