Alex specialises in non-contentious property matters for agricultural and rural landowners and tenants. This includes farm and estates sales and purchases (often sold in lots and with residential properties), easements, public and private rights of way, boundary queries, complex first registrations at the Land Registry, agricultural tenancies and mortgages.
"Alexandra Robinson is superb. Her knowledge of her work area and client contact is excellent. I would highly recommend her to clients and regularly do'"
- Acting for the purchasers of a 650 acre estate including the mansion house, 5 let cottages and additional considerations of public rights of way and the canal which bisected the estate together with the taking of an FBT of additional land.
- Advising the clients regarding the purchase of a Warwickshire farm of approximately 200 acres with two farm houses with particular reference to transfer of Single Payment Scheme Entitlements, VAT and general title matters and acting for the clients in relation to the funding of their purchase by way of mortgage secured by legal charge. The purchaser was a farming partnership and acquisition is part of long term farm business strategy and succession planning.
- Advising the clients regarding the purchase of a Cotswolds farm with particular reference to rights of access, planning history and use of the property and title issues. The environmental & flood reports also highlighted potential high risks but early investigation and liaison with several insurers ensured that full insurance was available.
"One source describes Robinson as "a very capable agricultural property lawyer; she's focused and moves things forward."
- Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association – & awarded Chairman’s Trophy 2011.
- Country Land and Business Association
Alex enjoys hill walking and cycling. Having lived in Warwickshire for 16 years, Alex has become a regular visitor to the RSC. A particular favourite location for holidays in recent years is Italy – again more hill walking.