“Wright Hassall provided great support with the legal side of selling my e-commerce business. It is a stressful but exciting situation when selling your business and the legal support from Rees at Wright Hassall helped to take away some of that stress. Communication was good throughout.”
Rees has been fortunate to have had the opportunity to advise a fantastic range of clients on matters including:
- Seed and Series A investment rounds for start-up companies in sectors such as renewable energy and vegan foods;
- E-commerce business sales to online aggregator businesses such as Thrasio, Razor Group, and Unybrands;
- Advised the founder shareholders of Unit 2 Games Limited in relation to their sale to Facebook;
- Advised the founder shareholders of Risual Limited on their sale to the Atten Group;
- Asset purchases for a series of holiday parks in England and Wales;
- in addition to many sales of local and unique SME businesses for clients within Warwickshire and the Midlands.
Many of these transactions would not have been possible without collaboration with a number of other fantastic advisers such as accountants and tax advisers.
One of the great strengths Rees thinks Wright Hassall has is not only our professional network, which we are able to tap into if non-legal issues arise, but his team’s personable and collaborative attitude to problem solving. Whether you have other specialist advisers in place, or require recommendations as to who may be best suited to assist in those situations, his team is friendly and ready to work with you and your team to get you the best result for your transaction.
" ... and well done to Wright Hassall for expertly steering the takeover deal through to a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned."
Rees completed his training contract with a Worcestershire-based law firm and moved to Wright Hassall LLP upon qualification in 2017 to become a corporate solicitor.
Since joining Wright Hassall Rees has experienced a substantial and varied range of transactions and really enjoy working with his clients to help them achieve their ambitious corporate objectives.
Rees has been a sportsman and sports fan for as long as he can remember and enjoys getting out on the golf course when time allows it. It’s a fantastic mental reset and a great way to get a few hours away from the mobile.
He is convinced that if he hadn’t become a lawyer he'd have made it as a professional golfer by now, which is the one delusion he allows himself.