As part of our commitment to be an exceptional employer, we want to ensure that this experience starts as soon as a candidate applies to join Wright Hassall LLP. For this reason, Wright Hassall has committed to The Circle Back Initiative, to ensure that we continue to provide the best candidate experience, benchmarked against other businesses.
Most people have experienced a negative recruitment process, and often spend a significant amount of time researching, preparing, and attending an interview, to then feel forgotten at the final stage, and cut off without any feedback. Historically, this has been a key criticism of the recruitment industry and a reason why its reputation has been somewhat tarnished.
What is the Circle Back Initiative?
The Circle Back Initiative is a collection of forward-thinking employers, who are passionate about providing the best service to their candidates and subsequently commit to responding to every job applicant.
The minimum standards for the Circle Back Initiative are:
- Every applicant receives an 'application received' email;
- Every unsuccessful application receives an outcome email or other written communication;
- Every candidate online assessed, or phone interviewed will receive an outcome email or written communication;
- Every candidate interviewed for face to face, or live video must be provided with verbal outcome/feedback;
- Job adverts do not contain ‘Only shortlisted candidates/successful candidates shall be contacted’;
- The commitment to the Circle Back initiative is communicated to candidates.
At Wright Hassall, we recognise that our people are what makes our business successful and sustainable, and so we care about the recruitment journey. As with everything, there are always areas of improvement, and our ambition is to continue to develop and improve our recruitment process. We already carry out the majority of the standards for the Circle Back Initiative and our commitment ensures that candidates know what to expect when they apply to join Wright Hassall.
All future job adverts and acknowledgement emails will include the phrase: ‘We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’
We promise to monitor and review the recruitment process for every advertised role. Additionally, we commit to ensuring that each applicant receives feedback relating to their application, whether that be positive, or constructive to support their future growth and development.
Unfortunately, we cannot hire every individual that applies for a role within our firm, but we can do our best to make sure that the process is worry free, enjoyable and that candidates receive the feedback that they deserve.