We advise any business or individual on how to obtain food, beverage and entertainment licences whether for a one-off/ special occasion or for ongoing trade. Where applications are disputed, we have strong advocacy skills and can manage appeals to the local Magistrates Court or to the High Court on your behalf. As well as acting for licensees, we regularly act for the Police and Local Authorities in respect of licensing matters, subsequent appeals, and a wide range of regulatory matters.
Our licensing lawyers advise on:
- licensing applications and temporary event notices
- licensing club premises
- certificate applications and amendments
- personal licence applications
- entertainment venue licences
- personal Premises and Operating Licences under the Gambling Act 2005
- due diligence on property transactions including hotels, public houses and other licensed premises
- appeals to the local Magistrates Court
- appeals to the High Court via a judicial review
- licensing reviews and enforcement
Andrew Potts of Wright Hassall LLP in Leamington Spa is praised as "superb" and "a very good advocate." He recently acted on behalf of Coventry Rugby Club, Jimmy Spices and Chameleon at One Victoria Square in Birmingham with regards to new licence applications.