Our lending solicitors advise lenders and borrowers on all aspects of real estate finance, on all different types of commercial property. By acting for both lenders and borrowers we are ideally placed to advise borrowers on what is needed to prepare a property for borrowing, to meet the sometimes seemingly endless list of lender requirements.
When acting for lenders, we are able to distinguish between matters that will prevent completion and those where a commercial solution such as indemnity insurance or a post completion loan condition can be put in place.
Our team of specialist lending lawyers have a proven track record in working in transactional work for many years. This means they have the broad range of expertise needed to advise lenders on the technical aspects of property ownership and the related regulatory framework, such as Energy Performance, the Control of Asbestos at Work regime and planning legislation.
We work alongside a number of other departments within the firm, most regularly the construction and banking and finance teams to ensure there are no gaps in the information provided to any lender on any real estate finance instruction, to get to completion as quickly as possible. We also provide property support on lending for corporate acquisitions by way of share purchase.
The firm is well connected with local finance professionals. We contribute to the firms finance bulletin mailer and host and attend market overview seminars in conjunction with these organisations.
Wright Hasall LLP’s work is ‘on a par with the big London firms’…
Our real estate funding expertise includes:
- funding due diligence reports in lenders’ required standard or bespoke forms for both freehold and leasehold either owner occupied or investment
- industrial property
- mixed use properties
- agricultural property
- lending to pension funds, to both SIPPs and SSASs
- certificates of title, including City of London Law Society form certificates
- property development finance
- portfolio funding
- forward funding and forward sale agreements
- reviewing construction documents including:
- deeds of appointment
- warranty packages
- JCT amendments
- deeds of priority and postponement
- dealing with additional security including debentures and guarantees
- registration and removal of charges and other third party interests at the Land Registry
The team has completed the following notable recent transactions:
- acting for lender on the funding of the development of major car storage facility on former colliery including making sure the bank’s step in rights were tied in with those in the pre-letting agreement. Detailed construction advice was also required. We also reviewed and reported on extensive secondary security, comprised of agricultural land.
- acting for a specialist motor trade funder on the acquisition finance of a nationwide group of five dealerships
- acting for the lender on the refinance of a portfolio of 13 leasehold pizza takeaway franchises
- acting for the lender on a £4.8m refinance of a business village/innovation centre let to more than 35 occupiers on a standard service tenancy, including dealing with a deed of priority with a local authority funder
- acting for the borrower on the finance of 8 development plots with a specialist property finance lender